CompletedOP Mainnet Bedrock Upgrade
- CompletedJune 06, 2023 at 10:48 PMCompletedJune 06, 2023 at 10:48 PM
Much of our our core OP Mainnet infra is back online! Continue to track https://oplabs.notion.site/External-OP-Mainnet-Bedrock-Upgrade-Infra-Status-Tracker-07d7c9c0916243b8b743b74af77d37f9?pvs=4 for updates on other key infrastructure in the OP Mainnet ecosystem.
The Bridge UI has been unpaused. Deposits and Withdrawals can now be executed on OP Mainnet from: https://app.optimism.io/bridge/
- UpdateJune 06, 2023 at 9:52 PMIn progressJune 06, 2023 at 9:52 PM
The public endpoint is back live: https://mainnet.optimism.io/
This should unblock most wallets to begin working again.
- UpdateJune 06, 2023 at 7:38 PMIn progressJune 06, 2023 at 7:38 PM
For Archival node operators: While we recommend using the
legacy-getharchival datadir we upload once it's ready, given the size of the archival data disk and the time it'll take for it to become available (up to 24 hours), we recommend preserving your legacy archival nodes and routing archival traffic to them if possible. To check if your legacy archival node is able to serve traffic, please do the following:
Verify that the head block number is
Verify that the head block hash is
If both of these criteria are true, then your legacy archival node is on the same block as the archival datadir and can be used to serve user traffic.
You can set
op-gethand it will forward requests for historical data it can't handle to
- UpdateJune 06, 2023 at 7:10 PMIn progressJune 06, 2023 at 7:10 PM
For node operators:
We have received reports that the full node Bedrock datadir is taking a long time to download. Since it is available on GCS, you can use parallel downloader tools like
aria2to make it faster. This method has seen download speeds in excess of 100MB/s. Some recommendations:
- Run the download on a high-network box in the cloud.
- Use aria2 or the gcloud storage cp command to download the file in parallel.
- UpdateJune 06, 2023 at 6:26 PMIn progressJune 06, 2023 at 6:26 PM
L1 smart contract upgrades have been successfully implemented. The portal has been unpaused, and deposits/withdrawals have been re-enabled.
- UpdateJune 06, 2023 at 6:20 PMIn progressJune 06, 2023 at 6:20 PM
The migrated (Bedrock) datadir required to spin up
op-gethhas been successfully hosted and is now ready for distribution.
Full Node Operators are now fully unblocked to spin up.
Archival Node Operators will need to wait for the archival datadir, which may take an additional 5-10 hours.
The datadir can be downloaded from the link found in the OP Mainnet docs: https://community.optimism.io/docs/useful-tools/networks/#links
- UpdateJune 06, 2023 at 5:44 PMIn progressJune 06, 2023 at 5:44 PM
Node Operators: Docker images are now available in our community hub docs.
op-nodeversion: https://github.com/ethereum-optimism/optimism/releases/tag/op-node%2Fv1.1.0 (Docker Images are in the release notes)
op-gethversion: https://github.com/ethereum-optimism/op-geth/releases/tag/v1.101105.2 (Docker Images are in the release notes)
Please await the upload of the Migrated Datadir before you can fully spin up your OP Mainnet Bedrock nodes.
- UpdateJune 06, 2023 at 4:36 PMIn progressJune 06, 2023 at 4:36 PM
We are now starting to execute the L2 portion of the migration. This is the longest step in the migration process, and could take up to 1.5 hours. During this phase of the migration, ETH balances and withdrawals will be migrated. Successful completion of this stage will conclude the L2 portion of the migration, and we will perform all related checks before moving on to subsequent phases.
- In progressJune 06, 2023 at 4:00 PMIn progressJune 06, 2023 at 4:00 PM
The migration has started. Legacy network deposits and withdrawals have been paused.
Transaction acceptance on the legacy sequencer has been halted.
- PlannedJune 06, 2023 at 4:00 PMPlannedJune 06, 2023 at 4:00 PM
The OP Mainnet Bedrock Upgrade is expected to run for 2-4 hours. Find all of the details here:
Watch for updates on this status page for:
- Images for node operators
- Datadirs for both full node and archival node operators
- Notifications on when deposits, withdrawals, and the sequencer are back live.